It was great to see so many ladies participate in our third scheduled Monday Ladies Golf Night this season. We had a total of 104 participants and 16 were new participants.
Although we did experience a downpour of rain for a few holes between 7:00 pm and 7:20 pm, the majority of the participants completed playing their 9 holes and joined us in the clubhouse.
This evening we all played our own game and we thought some players might “whine” about this format, so we offered 9 oz. glasses of house wine at the discounted price of $5. We hope this enticement helped you celebrate whatever score you entered on your scorecard. As well, this evening Fern our new cook at Cedar Green provided a self-serve taco / nacho bar for $9.
Next week on Monday June 4th, we will be playing new format called a “Shamble”. Like in a scramble, all members of a team (usually four) tee off and the best ball of the four tee shots is selected. All players move their balls to the spot of the best ball. From this point, the hole is played out at stroke play, with all members of the team playing their own ball into the hole and recording their individual scores.
What’s fun about a Shamble format is that each person gets the benefit of the best drive, so they typically start out with a nice advantage (assuming there’s a big hitter in the group)! In either case, the format is intended to be fun and relaxing for all golfers, whether you are a beginner or experienced golfer.
The featured drink special for next Monday is the Jaw Drop Grape Cooler (tallboy) for $5.
If you were unable to book your starting hole on the Sign-up Sheet on Monday May 28th, you can call the pro shop at 705-560-1090, and the staff will assign a starting hole for next Monday (June 4th) Cedar Green Ladies Golf Night .
This Week’s “Winners” each won $31 for the following:
- Low Gross Score: Lynn Beaudry – 38 -lowest gross score
- Low Gross Score: Sharon O’Brien – 40 – second lowest gross score
- Low Gross Score: Karen Raguin – 42 – third lowest gross score
- Luck of the Draw Score: Jackie Hall
- Luck of the Draw Score: Cathy Macey
- Luck of the Draw Score: Diane Valiquette
Closest to the Pin (front 9 – hole # 5) Nina Denniston
Closest to the Pin (back 9 – hole # 17) Kim Bronicheski
Closest to the Line (front 9 – hole #1) Karen Zayette
Closest to the Line (back 9 – hole # 11) Sharon O’Brien
The 50/50 draw in the amount of $104 was won by – (??? Forgot to record the winner’s name)
The twoonie pot in the amount of $131.00 was won by Robin Saari (Hole #3).
This week’s Winners who joined us after 6:00 pm game, names drawn for gifts donated by our sponsors.
- Dairy Queen (Sheila Lascelle – Lorne St. DQ): 8” cake: Rose Sigouin
- Enviro Trends: Beauty Gift Bag: Dianne Sheppard
- Giant Tiger: Golf balls & Trade Secret $10 gift card: Lizette Deacon
- Marble Slab Creamery: gift cards: Karen Hnatuk
- M.I.C.: $20 gift card: Sue Vincent
- Pro Golf Liquidators– $25 gift card: Maryann Zanchetta
- Skakoon Home Hardware: $25 gift cards: Yolande Rabiej
- Toppers Pizza: Medium Pizza: Terry Zanutto
The Cedar Green Ladies Golf Committee Linda, Karen and Freida thank you all for making our Monday Ladies Golf Night a very successful event. Hope to see you all next week.