On this wonderful holiday Monday evening we had 106 ladies come out for our second Ladies Golf day with 7 new participants. No doubt the great weather had a positive effect on our turnout even though it was holiday weekend.
The featured drink this evening is the Mott’s Caesar cooler at the discounted price of $5.
This is a reminder to everyone:
Every Monday, ladies have the option to play their game any time after 9:00 a.m. OR they can join us at the 6:00 pm Shotgun start.
Whatever your choice, you must:
• Pay your $5.00 prize fee,
• Hand in your white registration slip to the starter before you start playing your game
• Do not score more than 10 on any hole (pick up your ball after 10 strokes)
• Hand your scorecard in to the pro shop immediately after you play your game and make sure your first and last names are written on your score card.
• Otherwise you do not qualify for the prizes for (closest to the pin, closest to the line, low gross scores (2) or low net scores (4).
Last week we had a foursome hand in a score card with only one initial identifying each player so we could not include consider their scores for the low gross prize, as there was no way to identify the names of the players.
Upcoming Ladies Golf Tournaments in the Sudbury area:
The Lively Golf Club will be hosting the Annual Ladies Open on Sunday June 10th at a 12:00pm shotgun start. This will be a two person scramble and will include lunch and dinner. Tournament details are provided in the poster I have provided with this Newsletter.
Pine Grove Golf Course will be hosting their Ladies Open on Sunday June 24th and their tournament will include a continental breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ladies will be playing their own game. You can register by calling the pro shop at 705-522-1622. Details are posted in the Cedar Green ladies locker room bulletin board.
2017 Golf Green Fee Passes
Nick from the pro shop noticed that some of the ladies who have join us this season still have green fee passes purchased last year. He would like to remind these ladies that they can use their 2017 green fee passes for ladies Golf day. He suggested that the ladies call the pro shop in advance to find out how many passes they have registered under names so they can use them this season.
NEW 2018 Golf Green + Cart Fee Packs
Shown in the chart below is list of the 2018 package rate golf and cart fees being offered to guests or non-members of Golf Sudbury. (fees are before tax)
NEW 8 PACK SPECIAL INCLUDES CART 9 Holes green fees
Rate per round
Buy 7 – 9 hole green fees (includes cart)- get 1 free $203.00 $25.38
SENIORS RATE (60+)
Buy 7 – 9 hole green fees (includes cart)- get 1 free $182.00 $22.75
Next week on Monday May 28th we will be playing our game (“Don’t Whine”) we will be offering 9 oz. glasses of wine at the discounted price of $5.
If you were unable to book your starting hole on the Sign-up Sheet on Monday May 21st, you can call the pro shop at 705-560-1090, and the staff will assign a starting hole for next Monday Cedar Green Ladies Golf Night .
This week we played a 2 person scramble format, therefore the prize vouchers were awarded to the two person teams with the 6 lowest gross scores.
This Week’s “Winners” won $32.00 voucher for the following: (each person in the team won $16 vouchers)
1. 1st Low Gross Score: 2 person Team: Lisa Burke & Sue Prudhomme ( 38 )
2. 2nd Low Gross Score: 2 person Team: Sharon O’Brien & Linda Melchoir ( 38 )
3. 3rd Low Gross Score: 2 person Team: Karen Croteau & Paulette Carriere (38 )
4. 4th Low Gross Score: 2 person Team Denise Duhaime & Diane Bradley ( 39 )
5. 5th Low Gross Score: 2 person Team Karen Raguin & own score ( 39 )
6. 6th Low Gross Score: 2 person Team Chantal Rancourt & Dian Valiquette (39)
(Retrogression was used to determine the order of winners with tied scores)
The following ladies each won $32.00 vouchers for the following:
Closest to the Pin (front 9 – hole # 5) Sue Prudhomme
Closest to the Pin (back 9 – hole # 17) Diane Primeau
Closest to the Line (front 9 – hole #1) Lise Montpellier
Closest to the Line (back 9 – hole # 11) Debbie Foster
The 50/50 draw in the amount of $106.00 was won by – Tara Digby
The twoonie pot in the amount of $69.00 was not won this evening therefore this amount will be carried over and added to next Monday money pot.
This week’s Winners who joined us after 6:00 pm game, names drawn for gifts donated by our sponsors.
1. Dairy Queen (Sheila Lascelle – Lorne St. DQ): 8” cake: Brenda Petryna
2. Enviro Trends: Beauty Gift Bag: Karen Hnatuk
3. Giant Tiger: Golf balls & Trade Secret $10 gift card: Dorothy Lock
4. Marble Slab Creamery: gift cards: Sarah Grenier
5. M.I.C.: $20 gift card: Pauline Morin
6. Pro Golf Liquidators– $25 gift card: Nina Denniston
7. Rhythm & Cues – $20 gift certificate: Louise Descoteaux
8. Skakoon Home Hardware: $25 gift cards: Cathy McMahon
9. Toppers Pizza: Medium Pizza: Darlene Sargent
The Cedar Green Ladies Golf Committee Linda, Karen and Freida thank you all for making our Monday Ladies Golf Night a very successful event.
We would also like to thank Keandra Beauvais (bar manager) and her staff for having a well-stocked bar for our opening night and to Kyle Lekun and the pro shop staff for processing so many ladies in such a short period of time then to Mel McLeod for getting the ladies out to their starting hole in time for the 6 pm shotgun start.
Hope to see you all next week.