In spite of cold weather we were grateful to see 43 ladies participate in our fourth scheduled Monday Ladies Golf Night this season and with 3 new recruits.
Tonight we played a new game format called a “Shamble”. Like in a scramble, all members of a team (usually four) tee off and the best ball of the four tee shots is selected. All players move their balls to the spot of the best ball. From this point, the hole is played out at stroke play, with all members of the team playing their own ball into the hole and recording their individual scores. It appears this format help several golfers improve their scores.
Due feedback we have recently received from our participants and the large number of ladies joining us every Monday, our committee has decided to issue additional prize vouchers. We will award vouchers the 2 low gross scores on the front 9 and 2 low gross scores on back 9 holes and 4 luck of the draw scores.
This will align our prize voucher distribution with other Golf Sudbury leagues.
This means we will be awarding 12 prize vouchers every week when we play our own game, commencing the week of June 18th.
4 low gross scores (Front 9 & Back 9)
4 luck of the draw scores
2 closest to the line (holes 1 & 11)
2 closest to the pin (holes 5 & 17)
During the weeks we play a 2 person scramble format we will be awarding vouchers to the 8 low gross scoring teams (however these vouchers will be divided in half and presented to each player on the 2 person team).
We will also award 4 prize vouchers for closest to the lines and pins (front and back) to the individuals who are credited for these winning shots.
Next Monday June 11th, we will be holding our Wine and Cheese Night, rain or shine. Karen and Sam Yawney will generously provide the wine and we will be serving and assortment of cheeses, crackers and fruit platters, after we have completed our round of golf. This event is intended to show our appreciation for all the ladies who have regularly supported our Monday Golf Night. If it rains we will still host the event at 6:00 pm and everyone is welcome.
In order to speed up play for the anticipated increased numbers of participants, we will be playing a 2 person scramble format at the 6pm shotgun start.
The following instructions should be reviewed by all teams prior to your game. These instructions will also be posted in the pro shop.
June 11th – 2 Person Scramble Format for 6:00 pm Shotgun Start
- Write the full names of the ladies forming your 2 person team on you score card.
- Each player of your team will hit an initial tee shot.
- The team will then decide the best shot and each player will hit their next shot from that location (spot).
- This format will repeat for each shot thereafter until completion of the hole.
- Record the team’s score on your score card.
Improving a Ball’s Lie
- Each team must mark the spot of each selected spot with a marker.
- Once marked, players may lift and clean their ball.
- Players may then place their ball no more than one club length from the original spot.
- This placement CANNOT be nearer to the hole nor may it improve the original lie.
- Placement of the ball may improve the team’s stance, swing, and line of sight as long as it is within the one club length limit.
- On the putting green, the ball may be placed one putter head length from the original spot no nearer to the hole.
- The holing of any shot will constitute the end of the hole for that team and that score will be final.
- This situation typically occurs when a player misses a putt and decides to putt out before the second player takes their putt.
- In this case, the second player will not have an opportunity to attempt the original putt.
For those of you, who were unable to book your starting hole for next Monday on the Sign-up Sheet in the clubhouse, please call the pro shop after 8:00 am on Tuesday morning at 705-560-1090.
This Week’s “Winners” each won $12 for the following:
- Low Gross Score: Lynn Beaudry – 39 -lowest gross score
- Low Gross Score: Sharon O’Brien – 42 – second lowest gross score
- Low Gross Score: Karen Croteau – 43 – third lowest gross score
- Luck of the Draw Score: Constance Pauquette
- Luck of the Draw Score: Jeanne Matthews
- Luck of the Draw Score: Danielle Lariviere
Closest to the Pin (front 9 – hole # 5) Sharon O’Brien
Closest to the Pin (back 9 – hole # 17) Brenda Bryson (luck of the draw)
Closest to the Line (front 9 – hole #1) Lisa Alexander
Closest to the Line (back 9 – hole # 11) Jean White
The 50/50 draw in the amount of $43.00 was won by Lisa Alexander
The twoonie pot in the amount of $35 was won by Wavey Anstey.
This week’s Winners who joined us after 6:00 pm game, names drawn for gifts donated by our sponsors.
Dairy Queen (Sheila Lascelle – Lorne St. DQ): 8” cake: Jodie Giroux
Enviro Trends: Beauty Gift Bag: Brenda Bryson
Giant Tiger: Golf balls & Trade Secret $10 gift card: Lisa Burke
Marble Slab Creamery: gift cards: Rita Robichaud
M.I.C.: $20 gift card: Linda Harnden
Pro Golf Liquidators– $25 gift card: Jacquie Kingsley
Rhythm and Cues: $25 gift card: Paulette Carriere
Toppers Pizza: Medium Pizza: Fern Nistco
Hope to see you all next week!