Eighth ladies night and 52 ladies enjoyed a round of golf friends in sunshine and hot weather! Good time to take advantage of a cold beverage after your round. 33 degrees slightly reduced our numbers of ladies joining us tonight.
A draw for a Ram Black and Orange Golf Bag is being held upstairs at Monte Vista and all proceeds will be donated to Northern Cancer Society and proceeds stay in Sudbury. $2 each ticket will be sold until September 26th wrap up night.
Whenever you order one of the food specials, your name is entered in a draw for your next visit in the restaurant on ladies’ night. Last week’s winner was Colette Vaillancourt! Congrats! Food is always delicious in the Summit! Thanks to Lillian and staff….they work extremely hard!
****** STARTING THIS WEEK*****
- a Senior Ladies’ Division will be created for ladies 70 and over. When paying your $5 on the sign up sheet you must indicate “SR” next to your name to be considered in this division. If you did not do so but wrote “SR” on your card, you will NOT be considered for this division.
- a Senior Ladies’ Closest to the Pin will be created for ladies 70 and over. When paying your $5 on the sign up sheet you must indicate “SR” next to your name to be considered in this division. If you did not do so but wrote “SR” on your card, you will NOT be considered for this division.
$260 was collected and as agreed upon, $1 from the $5 is kept for our year end wrap up night.
The balance of $208 is paid out by vouchers. Here are this week’s winners of a $15 voucher:
- Closest to Pin – Freida Nassas
- Closest to Pin Senior – Yolande Houle
- Closet to Rope – Natalie Mcaloney
Today you played your own game on the back nine but you were only allowed 3 clubs and a putter…no sharing clubs. It was a blast and challenging….your clubs were either a good choice or a bad one.
The winners of a $15 voucher are:
Score 39 – Paulette Carriere
Score 42 – Karen Croteau
Score 42 – Lisa Burke
Score 43 – Jodie Giroux
Score 44 – Freida Nassas
Score 44 – Connie Paquette
Score 44 – Maryann Zanchetta
Score 44 – Josee Paquette
6 ladies identified themselves as a senior…..Senior Ladies’ Division:
Score 46 – Yolande Houle
Score 49 – Diane Wilson
Last voucher worth $13 goes to Luck of the Draw and the winner is….Val Miron
***Next Wednesday we are playing a 2 or 3 ladies’ scramble on the front nine.
All ladies who pay $5 prize fees and play 12 games from May 16th to September 26th can join us for our year end wrap up on September 26th. Prizes/gift will be awarded to all qualified participants. The attendance report is posted on the Bulletin board near Pro Shop.
Our weekly newsletter is sent to all ladies who have provided their email addresses. A printed copy is posted on the bulletin board at the entrance of Monte Vista. It is also available on the Golf Sudbury Monte Vista website.
**You can book your tee times for a few weeks. If you can’t golf, please cancel tee times to allow others to join us.
Different games are played weekly so please check the June schedule (besides $5 prize fee signup sheet).
For various reasons, there were some ladies who were unable to join us last year. We sincerely hope that these issues have been resolved and can once again join our ladies’ night.
*****REMEMBER to write your full name clearly on score cards and your scores. Your score cards must be dropped off in metal box in Main Entrance of golf course or given to Ladies reps.
*****Maximum score is 10. If you have taken 10 shots and have not finished the hole, please pick up your ball and mark 10 on your card.
When you pay your $5.00 for Ladies Night and $2.00 for Chase the Ace, you do not need to be present to collect any prizes. Prizes are left with at the Pro Shop so you can pick it up when you join us for your next Ladies Night.
‘Chase the Ace’
***Ace of Diamonds pays 20%, Aces of Heart, Spades and Club pay 15% of the pot. The remaining 35% of the pot is awarded by $20 increments to ladies who participate in Chase the ace. The more you play, the greater your odds increase. Draw to take place at year end wrap up.
***This year, we added 2 bonus cards to ‘Chase the Ace’. Jokers are worth $10.00.
36 ladies participated in Chase the Ace ($72) and the pot continues to grow.
- Val Miron and the 10 of Diamonds was pulled
- Hertha Corry and the King Clubs was pulled
- Sue Prudhomme and the Queen of Clubs was pulled
Extra prices were selected by a numbering system. If you know anyone willing to make a donation, please collect on our behalf. A letter to our Local Businesses is available. Let me know so we can hand them out.
Without the following sponsors, our ladies’ night would not be a great success! When visiting one of these sponsors, let them know where you got your cards. A little “Thank You” goes a long way!
- $20 gift card from Rona Val Caron and the winner is Diane Gallagher. They have everything and anything you need plus a beautiful garden centre. A must visit! Plants and flowers are beautiful. rona.ca/
- Sue Prudhomme wins a free large Traditional Pizza from Toppers’s Pizza.
Thanks to Topper’s Pizza for their continued donation. Visit them for a delicious pizza at www.toppers.ca
- Lesley Deschamps wins a large 3 toppings pizza from Great Lakes Pizza. Order your delicious pizza or visit them at greatlakes.pizza.ca
- Sheila Lascelle from Dairy Queen has generously donated an 8 inch DQ cake from the Lorne Street location in Sudbury. Your Monte Vista Ladies’ committee would like to express their appreciation for her donation. A donation goes a long way so when you want delicious DQ, visit her and the staff at the Lorne Street location….and the winner is Gloria Richer.
- $10 gift card from Signatures Restaurant in Val Caron and the winner is Sue Arseneault. Thanks to Corinne for her sponsorship. Visit them for great food and cold beer signaturesreataurant.ca
- $20 Golf Sudbury gift card was donated by Sam Yawney and the winner is Jacquie Plaxton. Thanks to Sam for his continued sponsorship to our ladies’ night. golfsudbury.com
- $25 gift card from Skakoon Hardware in Sudbury and the winner is Cathy McMahon. Thanks to Skakoon Hardware for their sponsorship. Hardware store has a lot of great stuff. Visit them in the Donovan area.
- A surprise gift basket consisting of a cooler bag, a t-shirt, a hat and a coffee mug donated by Carriere Industrial. Thank you for your sponsorship.
The Monte Vista Ladies’ Golf Committee looks forward to seeing you next Wednesday and would to thank all staff in the kitchen, bar and pro shop for a great evening. Thank you for the smiles and the wonderful service.